#7-Aultman Cabin - This cabin is reported to have been built by Mr. L.L. Altman in 1862. The initials L.L.A. and the date, April 1, 1862, are scratched into a rock of the chimney. The two room cabin, joined by a common roof and separated by what was known as a "dog run", was located on the Brown Ranch in northeast Burnet County. It was taken apart and completely reassembled on its present site.
# 8-School House: The one room school house is very popular with visitors furnished with desks and articles from local early schools.
# 6-Corn Crib - This building was used to store corn and other commodities. It's loose design allowed for the flow of air through the building but protected the contents from animals.
# 2 - Stagecoach House: The home of Constantine Foster was originally built just east of Hamilton Creek while the fort was still active. It is traditionally known as the "Stagecoach House" and is believed to have been used as such.
# 5-Kincheloe Cabin: The "Kincheloe Cabin" was constructed by H.C. Allen for Lewis E. Kincheloe, who came to Burnet County in 1866 and acquired land near the Oatmeal community where this building was erected.
# 3-Powder House: Traditionally known as the "Old Powder House" this building was erected at its present location. During the War Between the States local people made gun-powder during the War and stored it here for pick-up by C.S.A. wagons.
# 9-Vandeveer Home: Built before 1855 by Logan Vandeveer for use by his father and family and was located East of Hamilton Creek. It was moved to its present location.
# 10-Look Out Post: Lookout Post was originally located on the West side of Post Mountain and was used to watch for hostile Indians. It now houses early post office boxes.
# 4-Fry Cabin: “The Old Fry House” built about 1856 by William Perry. Later the home of John W. Fry and his family of 10 children, and also of Aaron Fry his family of 11 children, including Roy Fry, first chairman of the Board of Directors of Lower Colorado River Authority.
# 1 - The Blacksmith Shop: This is a complete, working blacksmith shop with old forges, bellows, anvils and hand tools that were necessary for repairing wagons, shoeing horses and any other metallurgy crafts needed in the time.
Main Museum Building: The museum boasts a large collection of artifacts including a square grand piano which is over 100 years old, upright grand, and "pump" organs; ballot box used in 1852; saddles and side-saddles used over the years; one of Burnet County old jail doors; and a early 20th century telephone switchboard and telephone. Many items from the Burnet County District Court date back to 1875.